Kindergarten Diagnostic Instrument, Second Edition, Normative Update (KDI-2 NU)
The Kindergarten Diagnostic Instrument (KDI-2 NU) is a comprehensive and time efficient screening instrument designed to assess developmental readiness skills. The KDI-2 NU was normed on 2,800 subjects.
Author: Daniel C. Miller, Ph.D.
Age Range: 4 – 6 years
Administration Time: 35 minutes
Publication Date: 2020
Published By: Schoolhouse Educational Services
Qualification Level B
|Qualification Level:||B||Click For More Qualification Level Information|
Developmental Readiness Skills Assessed by the KDI-2
- Body Awareness – visual-motor skills and knowledge of body parts
- Concept Mastery – knowledge of basic kindergarten concepts
- Form/Letter Identification – knowledge of shape names & letter identification skills
- General Information – ability to recall basic information from memory
- Gross Motor – large muscle coordination
- Memory for Sentences – short-term auditory memory
- Number Skills – knowledge of basic math skills
- Phonemic Awareness – phonemic awareness skills
- Verbal Associations – language-based reasoning skills
- Visual Discrimination – visual discrimination skills
- Visual Memory – visual memory skills
- Visual-Motor Integration – eye-hand coordination, drawing ability, & visual-spatial skills
- Vocabulary – knowledge of word meanings
A Complete KDI-2 NU Test Kit includes the following materials:
- Canvas Carrying Case
- KDI-2 NU Professional Manual
- Concept Mastery/Number Skills Stimulus Booklet (Easel)
- Visual Discrimination/Visual Memory Stimulus Booklet (Easel)
- Form/Letter Identification/Visual-Motor Integration Stimulus Booklet (Easel)
- Visual-Motor Integration Scoring Template
- Thirteen 1 Inch Wooden Blocks
- 1 package of 25 KDI-2 NU Student Record Forms (Test Booklets).
My Kindergarten Fun Book, 2nd Edition
My Kindergarten Fun Book-2 is a take-home book for parents and children that contains learning games and activities designed to help children develop kindergarten readiness skills. After a KDI-2 assessment is completed, My Kindergarten Fun Book-2 can be used in a prescriptive fashion to encourage practice in the skills needing improvement.
Spanish Version of the Kindergarten Fun Book is now available!