Feifer Assessment of Mathematics (FAM)
The FAM is a comprehensive assessment of mathematics designed to examine the underlying neurodevelopmental processes that support the acquisition of proficient math skills. It is unique in that it helps you identify specific subtypes of dyscalculia to help inform intervention decision making. The Feifer Assessment of Mathematics is modeled on studies that suggest that certain neural pathways support cognitive processes that play a part in how we solve mathematical problems.
Author: Steven G. Feifer, D.Ed.
Purpose: Examine the underlying neurodevelopmental processes that support the acquisition of math skills.
Ages: 4-21 years
Forms: Screener and full battery
Administration Time: 15 – 60 minutes
Number of Subtests: 19
Features and Benefits
- Takes a neurodevelopmental approach to mathematics assessment.
- The FAM helps determine if an examinee has a math learning disability and also identifies the specific subtype of dyscalculia, which better informs decisions about appropriate interventions.
- Comprises 19 individual subtests measuring various aspects of:
– math fact retrieval
– numeric and spatial memory
– perceptual estimation skills
– linguistic math concepts
– core number sense development.
- A separate Screening Form, ideal for progress monitoring, screens for dyscalculia and math learning disability and identifies the needs of at-risk students. The Screening Form is comprised of three subtests, one from each index.
- Standardized on a national U.S. sample of 1,061.
Feifer Assessment Bundle
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Screening Form Examiner Record Forms$100.00
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Comprehensive Kit (FAM)$629.00
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Examinee Response Forms$29.00
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Examiner Record Forms$63.00
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Professional Manual$127.00
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Screening Form Kit$334.00
Feifer Assessment of Mathematics Screening Form Number Comparison Response Sheets$21.00