Sensory Assessment for Neurodevelopmental Disorders – SAND
The only observational assessment for classifying sensory reactivity. The SAND is a well-researched, evidence-based instrument that accurately identifies presence of sensory issue, representative of autism, and particular type.
Authors: Paige Siper, Ph.D. & Teresa Tavassoli, Ph.D.
Age: 2-10 years;
Time: 20 minutes for interview and observation
Sensory Assessment for Neurodevelopmental Disorders (SAND) Features
- First clinician-administered observational assessment and corresponding caregiver interview for sensory issues
- Directly examines sensory hyperreactivity, hyporeactivity, and seeking behaviors (i.e. unusual sensory interests) across visual, tactile, and auditory domains
- Keeping with gold-standard autism assessment practices, combines a clinical observation with caregiver interview
- Not dependent on verbal ability- appropriate for use in severely affected or minimally verbal populations
- ow cost and low burden tool that can be used by clinicians across a variety of disciplines.
SAND Kit contains everything you need to administer a full sensory reactivity assessment, including:
- Full Battery of Manipulatives
- Manual with instructions, scoring, research support
- Pack of 25 Record Forms with Interview, Observation, and Summary sheets
- Wheeled carrying case and plastic display tote