NEW! Available October 2023. Orders for Comprehensive Kits placed before October 1, 2023 receive a 20% discount.
Comprehensive Assessment of Student Stress (CASS)
Authors: Giorgio Jovani di Salvatore
Age Range: 5 through 19 years
Format: Online rating forms
Number of Items: 68
Completion Time: 12-15 minutes
Publication Date: 2023
Published By: Schoolhouse Educational Services, Inc.
The Comprehensive Assessment of Student Stress (CASS) is a nationally, norm-referenced assessment that may be used as a screener or as an individual comprehensive assessment. The CASS is designed to assess a student’s chronic and acute stress levels in four areas: affective, behavioral, cognitive, and physical. The Comprehensive Assessment of Student Stress also has functional impairment, trauma content, and DSM-5 symptoms scales.
For students with high levels of stress the computer-generated report provides recommendations for interventions and treatment.
Benefits and Features
- Can be used as a screener of student socioemotional well-being
- Can be used as a universal screener of student stress after schoolwide violence or community trauma
- Can be used for mental health progress monitoring for intervention effectiveness
- Can be used as an individual evaluation of stress-related disorders and trauma
- Assesses functional impairment
- Is cost effective and time efficient
- Allows collection of multi-informant data
- Report provides recommendations for intervention and treatment
Orders for the CASS Comprehensive Kits placed before October 1, 2023 receive a 20% discount.