Feifer Assessment of Reading (FAR)
The Feifer Assessment of Reading is designed to assess the underlying cognitive and linguistic processes that support proficient reading skills. The FAR offers a comprehensive testing of reading and related processes. It is unique in that it helps you determine the examinee’s specific sub-type of dyslexia which once identified, assist in creating an intervention treatment to improve the examinee’s reading skills.
Author: Steven G. Feifer, D.Ed.
Purpose: Examine the underlying cognitive and linguistic processes that support proficient reading skills
Ages: 4-21 years
Forms: Screener and full battery
Administration Time: 15 – 75 minutes
Number of Subtests: 15
Features and Benefits
- The FAR tells you WHY a student struggles to read so you can determine HOW to intervene.
- Comprises 15 individual subtests measuring:
– phonological awareness
– decoding skills
– rapid automatic naming
– comprehension skills
– orthographical processing
– morphological processing
– word memory
– reading fluency
- An optional Screening Form Kit contains three subtests.
- Takes a neurodevelopmental approach to reading assessment.
- Addresses four subtypes of dyslexia.
- Can be used for general screening of dyslexia, progress monitoring, diagnosis of a reading disability, and
- design of a specific intervention.
- Includes an item-level skills and error analysis.
- Standardized on a national U.S. sample of 1,074.
Feifer Assessment Bundle
Feifer Assessment of Reading Comprehensive Kit$656.00
Feifer Assessment of Reading Examinee Response Forms$29.00
Feifer Assessment of Reading Examiner Record Forms$63.00
Feifer Assessment of Reading Professional Manual$127.00
Feifer Assessment of Reading Screening Form Examiner Record Forms$107.00
Feifer Assessment of Reading Screening Form Kit$339.00