Available December 2023. MSELS Comprehensive Kits ordered before December 1, 2023 receive a 10% discount.
McCloskey Social-Emotional Learning Scale (MSELS)
Author: George McCloskey
Age Range: 5 through 19 years
Format: Online parent and teacher rating forms
Number of Items: 56
Completion Time: 7-10 minutes
Publication Date: 2023
Published By: Schoolhouse Educational Services, Inc.
The McCloskey Social-Emotional Learning Scale (MSELS) is a nationally, norm-referenced, digital rating scale assessment that may be used as a screener or as an individual comprehensive assessment. The MSELS is designed to assess a student’s social emotional learning of CASEL’s five core competencies: self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making.
Benefits and Features
- Can be used as a screener or individual assessment of social-emotional learning
- Can be used for progress monitoring for intervention effectiveness
- Aligns with CASEL’s five core competencies
- Emphasizes the executive functions aspects of social-emotional learning
- Is cost effective and time efficient
- Allows collection of multi-informant data
- Computer-generated report provided
- Provides strengths and weaknesses analysis
- Is a digital product, but free paper forms can be printed
- Determines whether student does not have the skills or does not apply existing skills
Orders for MSELS Comprehensive Kits placed before December 1, 2023 receive a 10% discount.