Child and Adolescent Memory Profile (ChAMP)
Authors: Elisabeth M.S. Sherman, PhD and Brian L. Brooks, PhD
Purpose: Assess visual and verbal memory in children, adolescents, and young adults
Ages: 5-21 years
Forms: Screener and full battery
Administration Time: 10 – 40 minutes
Qualification Level C
|Qualification Level:||C||Click For More Qualification Level Information|
- Total Memory
- Visual Memory
- Verbal Memory
- Immediate Memory
- Delayed Memory
Features and Benefits
- Based on the latest neuroscience research on human memory.
- Brief and easy to administer yet comprehensive: covers core verbal, visual, immediate, and delayed memory domains with only four subtests.
- Uses common, real-life scenarios and colorful, developmentally appropriate stimuli that are engaging and relevant to young examinees.
- No motor response required.
- Focused on learning—each of the four subtests has multiple learning trials.
- A built-in validity indicator alerts the clinician to potentially invalid scores.
- Includes discrepancy scores, reliable change scores, a base rate analysis of low scores, and a strengths and weaknesses analysis.
- Provides intervention recommendations for both home and school.
- Standardized on a national U.S. sample of 1,200.
- Includes a clinical sample of 200.
- Supported by strong evidence of reliability and validity.