Feifer Assessment of Writing (FAW)
The Feifer Assessment of Reading is designed to assess the underlying cognitive and linguistic processes that support proficient reading skills. The FAR offers a comprehensive testing of reading and related processes. It is unique in that it helps you determine the examinee’s specific sub-type of dyslexia which once identified, assist in creating an intervention treatment to improve the examinee’s reading skills.
Author: Steven G. Feifer, D.Ed.
Purpose: Assess written language skills to help diagnose written language disorders
Ages: Pre-K to College
Forms: Screener and full battery
Administration Time: 15 – 65 minutes
Number of Subtests: 13
- Compositional Writing
- FAW Total
Features and Benefits
- The FAW is a diagnostic achievement test designed to examine the underlying cognitive, motoric, and linguistic processes that support proficient written language skills. It joins the FAR and the FAM as the third and final member of the Feifer Family of diagnostic achievement test batteries, all of which examine subtypes of learning disabilities using a brain–behavior perspective.
- Designed to measure three subtypes of written language disorders.
- Can be used as a general screening of dysgraphia.
- Provides qualitative information about a student’s writing skills, including a skills analysis.
- Screening forms, ideal for progress monitoring, are also available.
- Reliable change and discrepancy scores can be calculated.
Feifer Assessment of Writing Administration and Scoring Guide$69.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Comprehensive Kit$649.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Professional Manual$139.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Record Forms$59.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Response Forms$49.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Screening Form Kit$399.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Screening Record Forms$29.00
Feifer Assessment of Writing Screening Response Forms$39.00